Guinean opposition supporters took to the streets on Thursday, 7 November to continue their fight against President Alpha Condé. Opposition leader Cellou Dalein Diallo explained that the people are standing up against a third term.
Demonstrations followed one another in Guinea Conakry. In the capital as in several other cities across the country, militants of the National Front for the Defence of the Constitution (NFDC) came out in force to reiterate their commitment to fight against the constitutional review project and a possible third term of office for the Head of State. During his speech at the meeting, the former Prime Minister, Cellou Dalein Diallo, was not gentle with Condé. “Alpha Condé has lost his mind (…) but we will make him understand that Guinea does not want a third term,” he said.
“He must renounce this Machiavellian project (…). We will continue this fight until the final victory” says Foniké Menguè, platform manager. This new demonstration comes a few days after the funeral ceremony for the victims of violent repression last month. A total of about ten people were killed. According to local media reports, two young people were killed during the ceremony. Power and opposition accuse each other.